Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm in love!

The one thing I hate to do more than anything in the entire world is shop for jeans - ok, wait, I lied - jeans anndd bathing suits.

In order to take part in such torturous activities preparations usually need to be made

1) starve yourself
2) rationalize to yourself that buying a size 5x bigger then what you are is OK, b/c these are special clothing items, so really the number doesn't matter!
3) wear baggie sweatpants, so that when you peel the jeans off your legs the pants you put back on feel loose and..
4) leave your skinny friends that fit into everything and your significant other that you take your bad moods out on, at home!

But - I think those days of dread my be behind me, because today, on my lunch break, I walked into ONE store - picked up ONE pair of jeans ( not my usually 10) tried them on and bought them! all within 15 minutes.


Seriously- where have you been my whole life- BOYFRIEND JEANS!!

I had heard the name around the office and among friends but I never really paid attention or investigated this fit/style for myself. But, wow I'm in love. They are perfect for someone like me who is still struggling with some excess post holiday/post wedding weight and needs something with a looser fit - ( not like those damm trendy skinny jeans)

I found these little gems at Madewell on Newbury in Boston. The store is right behind my office and I constantly pop in to check out the sales ( which are usually very good). I bought my new boyfriend jeans for only $22 originally $95.50.

These are going to be great for the rest of New England winter with boots, or rolled up with cute flats and wonderful in the summer with flip flops! I'm so excited to wear them!!!

- Caroline

PS The jeans are currently 25% so if your interested, Go Go Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment